Hope you enjoy the hairstyles and beauty tips posted in this blog. I'm cool with you re-posting images or text posted here as long as you put a link back to the blog. Please do not sell images or text posted here. I have spent many hours scanning these articles because I believe these things should be free!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Noxzema






I've rediscovered Noxzema. I remember using it when I was little because my older sister used it. I bought a jar on a whim a while back, but it sat in my cupboard until I pulled it out on a whim when nothing else would work on my broken out skin. Not only did it clear up quickly, but it left my skin super soft. Unfortunately, I recently learned that Noxzema is owned by Proctor and Gamble, which does animal testing, so I'm looking for a good alternative.

6 comments:

Susannah said...

"Work makes hands UGLY, you liberated hussy!"

Although some modern ads basically convey the same guilt-ridden "you've traded your feminine beauty for a career" message, but couched in elliptical language like "environmental stresses" and the damage caused by "today's lifestyles".

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Your post made me want to run out and buy some. I can smell it right now and feel the feel of it in my hands. I don't agree with animal testing either so will not purchase it...there IS no alternative. Noxema is Noxema... I remember putting on sunburns too. Ahhh those were the days.

Amanda Awesome said...

Clean and Clear has a product similar to Noxema....but it looks like they are owned by Johnson and Johnson which also tests on animals. =(

Vintage Mama said...

You might wanna try the Dermal Clay Cleanser from Dermalogica. It has that minty fresh feeling, it's creamy and has added clay to suck excess oil. In a pinch you can also use it as a mask or overnight spot treatment.

My clients always enjoyed this cleanser when I used it in their facials.

Mrs. O said...

Thats so funny! I just picked up a jar yesterday! Its in a plastic jar though lol! I miss the glass jar!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Burt's Bees makes a product called Deep Cleansing Cream, which is very similar; but, without animal testing and gelatin (an animal product).

Related Posts with Thumbnails